Blogs > Lighten Up with Rick

Rick Calhoun of Mentor joins with his fellow-contestant wife Ellen to tackle what he describes as the embarrassing problem of being overweight. This 54-year-old hopes to fend off a family history of illness by getting healthy.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Praise God and thankyou Laura!!!

My wife and I struggled to get a healthier life style and it wasn't untill Laura picked us for this contest that we finally have made a change.It is a slow steady and healthy way we are approaching this and we both are feeling great.So why am I so excited?I just returned from my physical and my Dr. said if he needed a poster boy I would be his choice.All my numbers were great and my diabetes A1C was 5.6 which is awesome and he eliminated one of my diabetic medicines.I had a triglyceride reading once of over 1200 and today it is 99.I am at the gym everyday Mon.thru Fri. and am finally eating normal portions.The inches are coming off evan though the lbs lost have not been what I expected but I believe once the muscle gain levels off the lbs will come off quicker.Oh yea,the wife and I fit on the Harley a lot better now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home